In obedience to God’s call and under the guidance and supervision of the Pastor, performs work related to church communication, and office administration needs of McMannen UMC.
- Prepares (including layout, editing, printing, and folding) weekly worship bulletins including inserts and other bulletins for special services.
- Prepares (including layout, editing, printing, folding, distributing, and e-mailing) quarterly flier and weekly E-Messenger.
- Updates and maintains church website and web-based ministry. Prepares additional written communications and documents as requested by the Pastor and in coordination with and support of other staff members and ministries.
- Coordinates general communications associated with the church office including answering and/or routing incoming phone calls, emails and hard copy, as well as welcoming visitors and assisting visitors.
- Establishes and maintains appropriate filing system for proper office administration.
- Maintains master calendar for church campus and vehicle usage.
- Procures supplies needed for office administration, kitchen, and various ministries.
- Equips, empowers, utilizes, and oversees volunteers to assist with any of the above mentioned responsibilities as appropriate.
- Participates regularly in staff meetings.
- And other duties as assigned by senior pastor.
Education/Training: Associate’s Degree or two years equivalent work experience
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Publisher)
- Database entry and reporting experience, preferably Realm and ACS
- Website management
- High attention to detail
- Effective written and verbal communication
- Strong interpersonal skills to engage with members of the congregation, visitors, vendors, and fellow staff
- Work effectively in team environment
- Notary certification not required but preferred
Employment Status: Part Time (Monday – Friday, 9 am to 1 pm, occasional additional hours as may be assigned by the pastor) . Remote work environment during COVID pandemic
Pay: $18.00 - $20.00 per hour
Resumes should be sent to email@example.com