In obedience to God’s call and under the guidance and supervision of the Pastor, performs work related to the secretarial, office administration, and general communication needs of McMannen UMC.
- Prepares (including layout, editing, printing, and folding) weekly worship bulletins including inserts and other bulletins for special services.
- Prepares (including layout, editing, printing, folding, distributing, and e-mailing) quarterly flier and weekly E-Messenger.
- Prepares additional written communications and documents as requested by the Pastor and in coordination with and support of other staff members and ministries.
- Coordinates general communications associated with the church office including answering and routing incoming phone calls, welcoming visitors, e-mail, and mail distribution.
- Establishes and maintains appropriate filing system for proper office administration.
- Maintains master calendar for building and vehicle usage.
- Procures supplies needed for office administration, kitchen, and various ministries.
- Updates and maintains church website and web-based ministry.
- Send acknowledgements for memorial gifts and honorariums, both to giftee and to family of persons memorialized or honoree.
- Equips, empowers, utilizes, and oversees unpaid servants (volunteers) to assist with any of the above mentioned responsibilities as appropriate.
- Participates regularly in staff meetings.
- And other duties as assigned by senior pastor.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Publisher)
- Website management
- Strong interpersonal skills to engage with members of the congregation, visitors, vendors, and fellow staff
- Work effectively in team environment
- Effective written and verbal communication
- High attention to detail
- Notary certification not required but preferred
Employment Status: Part Time
apply, please send a cover letter and resume to Rev. Donna Banks at
For more information, please contact Rev. Donna Banks at email@example.com.